Stats define how well a character learns and performs skills. There are eight basic traits evenly divided into two subgroups – physical stats and cerebral stats. Stats and skills affect secondary stats. See individual stat pages for more specific information.
Physical stats Edit
These stats influence a character's combat abilities, health, and appearance.
- Strength ("ST"): determines physical damage output, carry weight, and throwing success. Also affects HP and damage bonus.
- Constitution ("CN"): affects fatigue, healing rate, and poison resistance.
- Dexterity ("DX"): affects numerous skills (bows, dodge, melee, throwing, backstab, pickpocketing, prowling, and lockpicking). Used to evade many spells and also affects armor class and speed.
- Beauty ("BE"): determines reactions of NPCs.
Mental stats Edit
- Intelligence ("IN"): impacts ability to learn and use skills, spells, and schematics. Alters dialogue options.
- Willpower ("WP"): determines ability to learn spells, resistances to skills and spells, haggling, and HP and fatigue.
- Perception ("PE"): influences the ability to use ranged weapons.
- Charisma ("CH"): affects how many followers the Living One can have, as well as the persuasion skill.
Maxed stat bonusesEdit
When stats reach their maximum values, they grant special bonuses:
- Strength: double damage bonus.
- Dexterity: speed is 25 (+1 per point over 20).
- Constitution: poison immunity.
- Beauty: reaction modifier is +100% (+10% over 20).
- Intelligence: +10% to the success rate of every skill
- Perception: sense invisible.
- Willpower: immunity to any spell resisted by willpower.
- Charisma: 100% loyalty from followers – they will not leave the Living One's side unless asked to, not even if the Living One acts contrary to said follower's morals.