The tendency to leap aside and avoid injury when one is attacked, or surprised by a trap.
- Dodge Apprentice: on a critical success, there is a 10% chance the opponent will critically fail.
- Trained by any guard in any town or city.
- Dodge Expert: on a critical success, there is a 50% chance the opponent will critically fail.
- Dodge Master: on a critical success, the opponent will always critically fail (overrides the benefits of Melee Mastery.)
- Trained by Adkin Chambers (Stillwater)
- To receive master training, Chambers will require you to kill Sir Garrick Stout of Dernholm and return with his eyes. However, Stout is the melee master, and for Chambers’ story to work best, you should do Stout’s quest even if you don’t plan on being a melee master yourself. (See the melee section for information on Stout’s quest.)
- Once you’ve killed Stout, you may or may not find his eyes on the corpse (it depends on if you talked to Chambers before killing him). You’ll be able to receive master training from Chambers regardless. Also, be sure to talk to Lady Druella to get the cure blindness potion, and then return to Chambers. Take the dialogue option about giving him the eyes, and then give him the potion. You should become a dodge master, and Chambers and Druella should live happily ever after. (You’ll be able to meet them later in Roseborough.)